Shamrock Limited Model Sailboat - 27"
Everything Nautical proudly presents the Shamrock Shamrock Limited Model Sailboat - 27". Increased craftsmanship and significantly upgraded deck features highlight our newly redesigned Limited Edition model sailboats of Irish challenger to the America’s Cup, the racing yacht Shamrock. Namesake of a proud lineage of Irish racing contenders, the wind and waves will take you away with Shamrock in this Limited Edition yacht model. As a high-quality model with finely-crafted features and graceful lines, these Shamrock model sailboats are perfectly sized to suit a sunroom mantle, bedroom shelf or office desk.
Dimensions: 20" L x 3" D x 27" H
- Accurate museum-quality yacht model of the real Shamrock racing yacht
- Individual plank on frame construction of the hull using fine quality woods, with each plank and wood grain visible through the paint
- High quality craftsmanship and details, including:
- Higher quality woods used in construction of hull and deck features
- Increased number of details and items on deck, including deck cleats, window panes in deckhouses, tied-down lifeboat and more
- Improved details and accuracy of all deck and hull components
- Finely stitched cloth sails
- Limited production run of this yacht model
- Significant research to guarantee accuracy of this model yacht includes sources such as photos, historical plans and original artwork
- Fully assembled with all masts, sails and rigging already secure and taut
- Pre-assembled, simply attach the masts and display
- Ready to display in less than five minutes
- Separate pre-assembled hull and sails ensure safe shipping and lower cost
- Insert mast in designated hole and clip brass rigging hooks as shown in illustrations
- Sails and rigging already complete
The Shamrock was the unsuccessful Irish challenger for the 10th America's Cup in 1899 against the United States defender, Columbia. Shamrock was designed by third-generation Scottish boatbuilder, William Fife III, Jr., and built in 1898 by J. Thorneycroft & Co., at Millwall on the Thames near London, England for owner Sir Thomas Lipton of the Royal Ulster Yacht Club (and also of Lipton Tea fame). The Shamrock was built of all-metal construction, with a steel frame and a pine deck. She was skippered by Captain Archibald "Archie" Hogarth.
Shamrock (also known as Shamrock I, to distinguish it from its successors) was built in 1898 under a shroud of secrecy, and christened by Lady Russell of Killowen at its launch on June 24, 1899.
During its trials it raced against the 1895 America's Cup challenger, Valkyrie III, as well as twice beating the Prince of Wales' royal yacht, Britannia in regattas on the Solent. It sailed to New York for the America's Cup race in the summer of 1899. The Cup defender Columbia beat Shamrock in all three races. It returned to Britain in the autumn of 1899, towed by Lipton's steam yacht, Erin. It was subsequently refitted by Lipton and used as a "trial horse" to test the later challengers, Shamrock II, III, and IV.
Buy the Shamrock Limited Model Sailboat - 27" today from Everything Nautical. We are your most trusted source for all of your nautical decor needs. Serving thousands of customers since 1998, we are a family run, U.S. based company. You can always count on accurate and easy to understand personal service, like no one else.